My health is preventing me from working at the moment, so I'd like to use my time to help sick kids feel better, not with pills, but with crochet. Follow my journey on my blog ~

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Opportunities Abound :)

Okay, by "abound," I really mean I have one.  But it seems like an abundance to me!

Sometime soon I'll be taking my items to show at a local shop, and hopefully I'll be able to sell some things there, which will be less of a hassle than selling online.

So I'm working on a new page to add to the right side of my blog giving links to all the amazing people who have allowed me to use their designs, I would really appreciate it if you guys would check them out - most of them offer free patterns, tutorials, all kinds of great things, so really! Check them out! :)

I'm also finishing up my last few donations to take to the hospital, so hopefully I'll be able to get that appointment set up shortly.  So excited ~ it feels amazing to be working!

PS - here's a rundown of all the amazing people who have helped me along the way, while I'm working on my master list:

Stilfel & Capra is a wonderful "art and ornament gallery" (I couldn't have said it better) near where I live.  Theresa was kind enough to help me find some local shops that might be interested in consignments.  Thanks a million!! If you're ever in the DC area, be sure to stop and pay them a visit, and leave plenty of time to look around (you'll probably end up staying longer than you plan to).

Amigurumi Credits:

LucyRavenscar gave me permission to use her adorable little amigurumi patterns to make items for sale-they're the perfect size!  Visit her blog at this link.  She has the most amazing patterns for sale in her Etsy shop, I can't wait to try them.

Many thanks to Mohu store for letting me use the adorable bee pattern!  The blog, the store, it's about the cutest thing I've ever seen, seriously... I squee every time I see a photo come up on my Tumblr dashboard.

Planet June has some adorable patterns, and thank you so much for allowing me to use them, they're so cute!  Definitely go see these, guys, she has free patterns and some for sale as well, and they're perfection.  I hope I can do them justice!

Josephine Wu is allowing me to use her designs, too, thanks so much!  I'm sure you've all heard of A Morning Cup of Joe Creations, I can't even tell you how cute these patterns are - I made the Levi the Baby Bear to donate a few weeks ago.  Here's a link to her Tumblr page! You can also find some of her patterns (including the bear!) in Zoomigurumi, one of my favorite amigurumi pattern books.

Credit for Baby Patterns

Many, many, many, many thanks to Teresa Richardson (aka Crochet Geek) for giving me permission to use her patterns - not only has she saved my bacon when I needed to learn to make baby things quickly, she also (unknowingly) taught me many of the crochet stitches I know over the last several months.  Check out her website for patterns, tutorials, basically anything I've ever needed to know about crochet, I've found here.

And more thanks are due to my newest friend in the crafting world, Cynthia (here's a link to her Etsy shop and her Ravelry designs) - I can't wait to make more of her things, expect to see photos up on my Tumblr soon!

~*~

I've met so many amazing people in my crafting escapades, I can't even tell you guys how much knowing you all has meant to me, how many of the items I've crafted wouldn't even exist had you not inspired me, how much the encouragement and support means when I'm having a bad day.  E-hugs to you all, and I'll see you around the web!



0 comments:

Post a Comment