My health is preventing me from working at the moment, so I'd like to use my time to help sick kids feel better, not with pills, but with crochet. Follow my journey on my blog ~

Friday, April 26, 2013

Spreading the Word

I had to go to the craft store today to get more supplies, so while I was out I had my mom stop at a few local stores to drop off cards with this site on it.  I'm hoping that some employees who like crafting will see it, and maybe a few will even make items to donate!  I'd be happy to put them in with my own delivery, for those who don't want to go to the hospital themselves.  The important thing is that they get there!

I got a punch so that I could attach tags to each animal (not sophisticated, they're just my "business card" with my email and blog address, and information hand-written on the back).  Every one has an individual number so that I can keep track of what yarn I used to make the animal in case it needs to be repaired or replaced, and they have care instructions.  I also made sure to include design credits (although the back of the cards look a bit crowded).

I hope these little guys will find happy homes and bring smiles to the little ones who love them.  I made all the tags for the animals that are done.  It made my hand cramp a bit, but I think that's a good sign... means I've made a decent dent in my first delivery goal.  I'm so excited to make my first trip to drop them off! :)

Please remember to click +1 and share this blog with your friends.  You can also join my Google+ community, Crafts for a Cause.  The more people who know about this project, the more awareness will spread, and hopefully more people will choose to participate. Once I move, I'll be working on finding a place to hold meetings on a regular basis for people to stitch together.  I hope that the community will allow people to share ideas and inspiration about ways to give back, and maybe even connect with others locally -- if we all do what we can where we are, there will soon be many people donating across the country, and maybe even around the world.  That's the magic of the internet, let's use it for good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment